Monday, October 31, 2011

It's Halloween! PART 1

Hope you are all ready for the fun night tonight!
Happy Halloween Everyone!

To be honest, I was never a fan of Halloween until I meant Henry! It's his favourite time of year, so now I really like it too! We enjoy going all out on decorating the front of our home and inside too for Halloween and taking a drive around the neighbourhood to see how others have decorated the fronts of their homes! I too enjoy getting inspired by others.

Halloween Decorations at the Store...

It's always fun decorating the store and being inspired with some paper lines that comes in. This year I was inspired by the My Mind's Eye Mischievous Collection of papers for my decorating palette at the store. I wanted to keep with a simple colour palette of Orange and Black against the blue wall above our Fireplace in the front of the store. I thought it worked out perfectly with the colours from that paper line.

I created a 12X12 Collage of paper with a couple of bats for inside my Bella Blvd Wood Handpainted Frame using the paper collection inspired from a layout I had created previously. Who knows I might even work this collage of papers into a layout later with the photos from the store this year!

The bats on the blue wall were found at another craft store and are reusable. The package came with a lot of them on the sheet. I was able to use them in the store as well as at home! I have cut these types of things out of vinyl before with my Silhouette, but wasn't able to reuse them! So I was excited to find these this year! And I just love using Paper Lanterns (these ones are by Martha Stewart and came with the little accessories to make them look like pumpkins!) They are an easy way to accessorize any decor!

I put together a wee little pumpkin from cardstock using the Silhouette Digital Cutter 3D Pumpkin download! Just had to download this 3D Pumpkin onto my Silhouette as soon as I saw it to put together this year for my display! It's just too cute! It would be easy to make if you didn't have a Silhouette too! Instead of using the stem in the Silhouette design, we put some green ribbon it it!

Pictures of my tiny pumpkin made from paper and ribbon and a couple snap shots of the front entrance Halloween Display at Scrapbook Memories - London, Ontario (our store)

Decorating for Halloween in our Home...

I love seeing all the excited little and sometimes scared little faces. We don't mean to scare away the kids with the fog and scary sounds that surrounds our home, just us big kids having fun! I love seeing all the costumes coming to our door to get some candy.

Henry and I really enjoy decorating our home for Halloween, just as much as I enjoy decorating for Christmas! Just wait til you see that! From the outside of our home, right down to our bathroom, the entire main floor of our home is decked out in Halloween. I wanted to share a couple photos I've taken so far of the Foyer of our home... and our dining room table! I wish I had a chance to take photos of everything, but when I am home its late at night and not the greatest light for taking photos! So I'm creating this blog post into two!


Well, that's all the blogging I can do for today! I have a task ahead of me tonight to snaps some photos of the outside of our home and a sampling of Halloween Scrapbooking Layouts through out the years! Looking forward to completing that tonight, and putting together Part 2 of this Halloween Post hopefully tomorrow! Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment